Colorado Springs part 3

And so the journey ended... our tour of Colorado came to an end. I was so happy to end the trip with a walk down memory lane... showing my kids and husband my old house and school was really fun. I even remembered the exact spot on the playground that I peed my pants! I was laughing hysterically hard with my friend Beth. Totally peed my pants (I was 5 or 6, I think), and then told my teacher I fell in a puddle. The problem was that Colorado was really dusty and dry at the time, and there were NO puddles in sight...
Anyway, here's a little peek at my childhood. A wonderful one it was!

My elementary school...
the sight of the pee pants scene... right by that tree behind the bench...
i walked to school every day, and this is the bridge i crossed along the path. We played in that ditch all the time... SO fun with bikes! NOT fun when we had flash flood warnings... all the moms went nutso...
my old house! so sorry to the people who currently live there... if they saw my husband taking photos with the big nikon and tons of kids running around their street... probably freaked them out just a little... anyway, those trees were teeny when i was there! And there was no fence, and no trees in the back yard... now they have trees that obscure the view of Pikes Peak. I think that's stupid.
One more for kicks... here's the field between the school and my old street. See the deer? See Pikes Peak?

well, sigh. I miss Colorado already. I really love it. Leaving in a few short hours for our other favorite place in the world... stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts