Marking the Good

I have a friend, Michele, who always talks about "marking the good" (I may have gotten those words off, but you get the idea), especially when writing/thinking about her daughter who has special needs. I LOVE this idea. Right now, I want to bitch and moan about 1000 things that are happening around me (racism, homophobia, cancer, just a bunch of bad things affecting people I love and making me sad), but you know, everyone in the world can come up with a laundry list of complaints about the world. We all have a story, we all have things that bring us down, break our hearts, and make us want to flee reality. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll write a downer post soon, but...

Instead I'm going to "Mark the Good." There is a time and a place to be sad and let it all out. But right now I want to stamp out the bad with the good.

*I LOVE to hear my kids laugh. Right now Sammy has the best belly laugh in the world... He just DIES of laughter throughout the day, giggling at anything that strikes him as funny, and who can NOT laugh along with him??? It's contagious :).

*I have the best friends and family in the world! So thoughtful and wise and kind. I'm so lucky.

*I'm DONE with Microbiology! I finished with a 100. That's what I wanted and that's what I got. I love it when I reach my goals.

*Running feels great right now (inside or on a trail... HEAT!), and I'm going to finish the week with a 4 or 5 mile running, hitting my run-20-miles-this-week goal.

*I'm grateful for my part-time jobs.

*Leah and Pete both LOVE school. They love their teachers and their friends and learning and playing. I love their teachers, too. Teachers rock! They deserve so much more than we give them... I'm forever indebted to my kids' good teachers.

*I have a rockin' husband. He is kind, smart, funny, generous, an excellent father.

*We live near Trader Joe's!

*We haven't completely depleted our savings.

*Our kids got to play on a slip-and-slide yesterday!

Alrighty y'all. BE the change you want to see ... have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Yes! I love this idea. Gratitude lists are the best and get me back on track when I'm feeling all Gripes McGee.

    I miss you guys. When you move back to W-S, I'm totes adding that to my gratitude list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Becca I love this post too...I love your marking the good. I have to sometimes force myself to see it. I have quite the Eyore living within at times. So hooray for you! For all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts