Snowed in...

We had a snow day today! I was glad. I can drive on snow, no problemo... but ice? No thank you. So we just stayed put. The morning began with the 47th viewing of Despicable Me and a snowball fight with tin foil balls. I was not pleased with the theft of my foil, so the playing moved outside. Icy snow makes for perfect, and FAST, sledding!







I had a good time fooling with my new camera. Which I am in love with. I have a lot to learn, but I love messing with the focus...
Then it was inside for lots of crafts. I'm not a crafty mom. But I can handle some play-dough and painting.

Then, of course, we had to bake. Because that's what you need on a snowy day. Cookies. I make good cookies. That's sort of a problem for my butt and thighs. I'm not quite willing to stop the cookie baking though... life's too short :).
I'm adoring the tons and tons of snow that NC has gotten in the last two years. Way more than we've had in the past. It reminds me of my childhood in CO. Problem is, I get the travel bug and want to go skiing... like REAL skiing out west. Sure, we have slopes here, and actually some pretty decent ones for the east coast/south. Buuuut, well, it's not "real." Not for me, anyway. Maybe Zach will want to be a dentist in CO someday... time will tell.

I have lots of thoughts swimming through my mind and not much time to write them out... maybe later this week. Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular Posts