wedding bells!


This weekend we have not one, but TWO weddings to attend! I loooove weddings. The kids are in one! It's a gorgeous, casual summer wedding and we adore this sweet young couple, so we're looking forward to the fun festivities :).
Last time we were really part of a wedding was for my brother Tyler's marriage to Ginna. I have no clue where most pictures are (why am I so bad with pictures?), but here is a cutie one of Sam and Pete. This is 6 weeks after Sammy came home. After this picture was taken, he fell forward off the steps. Oopsies.
(look how tiny they are!!!)
Guess what? Zach only has two more weeks left at work. You know, his "real job" that has paid our bills since college. This is pure craziness, thinking about what a big step we're about to take... and FUUUUN to think about how I will have about 5 weeks of Zach WITH US, with no job and just time to PLAY! Before starting school! Yippeee! We have a big adventure planned, and I'll blog from our destinations, so you'll have a fairly good idea as to where we are. It involves airplanes and trains and big mountains... AND right after that, lots of sand, sun, and ocean waves. Can't wait!!!

The weekend we return from the beach portion of the trip? We move. I Can't believe it's almost time to set up our new home. This is part of our new backyard, now full of green leaves (this was taken in Feb. I think). Just beyond that line of trees is big dip in the land, going down to flood plain and a river tributary. I can't wait to explore the land! My biggest hope for next summer is to grow lots of veggies on that sunny plot of land. Having fresh food grown right out my back door will be amazing, and I think the kids will learn a lot from having a big garden.


We are so grateful for the blessings that have come our way during this transition time. It's almost too much to take in! For now, we'll take it one day at a time and enjoy these weddings :).
Who, being loved, is poor? ~Oscar Wilde

Comments

  1. Are you coming my direction for your holiday??? :) Probably not, but it's fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts