Time...

Time. I don't have much of it, these days, for blogging. But, I hope to take a gazillion pictures and gather fantastic stories over Thanksgiving. We are all excited for the little break... a lovely preview of the bigger Christmas break we will be gifted with in a couple of weeks!

Oh, and I HAVE, seriously, started the 1/2 marathon training. It feels good to be working toward a big goal. I am staying very hydrated with coffee, and very carb-loaded with all the recipes you shared with me. (ps... what the heck is up with so many people dissing carbs? I can't even walk up the stairs without eating some good old bread. Count me out of the people trying to eat like our ancestors. We EVOLVED, duh. So, I will eat bread. And cheese. And cake. And then I will go run.)

Here is a little something I've been reflecting on:

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!  ~Henry Ward Beecher


Thankfulness. 


Not to get too preachy here (because we all know where that gets me...), but I think we have some big ol' problems in this country regarding thankfulness. In other words, I think we've become a nation of "wendy whiners". We have a case of the galloping gimme's. We want want want. We've lost sight of how much we actually do have. While there are so many people really, truly suffering... and then we watch those people, those people who are actually suffering, give THANKS for what little they have. THAT is what being "thankful" looks like. 


Thankful for every breath you take. For every bite you take. For every step you take. For every word you speak. For every hug you receive. 


Unthankfulness? Will get us nowhere, as individuals. Waking up with a thankful heart? Immediate joy... immediate mercy... immediate love... immediate peace. 


I'm choosing to "Occupy Thanksgiving" this year... hope you'll join me :). 

Comments

Popular Posts