match made it heaven

Hello internet...
how are you? seriously. How are you? let me know. I want to hear from you and support you (through writing, I guess), in whatever way I can.

We're doing well. Zach's sorta scared, I think. I don't blame him. I mean, dental school is meant to be hard, really hard. Lots of crucial information to learn, in order to serve people physically. The amount of studying and lab work he'll be doing over the next 4 years is staggering. So we're praying and hoping for stamina and energy and confidence to do this. He will work harder than he's ever worked. I will work hard here, to keep things running and keep my kids feeling loved and able to live their lives to the fullest. I want them to remember a joyful mommy, healthy meals, and a secure home. I want them to know how cherished they are and that they are not a burden, not at all. We love them deeply, and daddy is doing this to set a grand example of how to live life... by reaching for the stars and valuing friends and family and god above all else. This is the stuff of life!

Naturally, I get a little worried from time to time, thinking about the breaks I won't get or sadness the kids might feel without daddy around a lot. BUT. I'm constantly meditating over what a PRIVILEGE this is. Zach has not only been blessed with the intelligence to do this, but we also have access to loans to pay for school. No matter how hard things might get, or how hard we have to work, we still live in luxury compared to the rest of the world, and we GET to have access to this kind of education. I'm so proud of Zach and so excited for how this will allow us to serve those in need, both here and around the world. We are so, so lucky to be here, to do this.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have days of great highs and days of great lows, as we all do. Guess what? I found this little match made it heaven that is so inspiring to me. Wilco (Jeff Tweedy is their lead dude) was a favorite band of mine in high school. And who doesn't love Mavis Staples? So apparently these two are good friends, and Jeff produced her new album and wrote a bunch of the songs. Here's an acoustic preview. This should definitely make you smile :).

happy tuesday!

Comments

  1. Becca, I love what you wrote about your children! "I want them to remember a joyful mommy, healthy meals, and a secure home. I want them to know how cherished they are and that they are not a burden, not at all. "
    This may have to be my mantra this week. Also, its kind of crazy how much we have in common, parents who fought cancer, brown boys named Sam, dentist husbands, and that we're both adorable brunettes. soul sisters really. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the attitude here! Love your comment about children being cherished and not made to feel as though they're a burden. You'll do it! And then you'll have to call your husband Dr. :)

    Thanks for the encouragement about our wait. It is SO nice to know there are people out there supporting us. Truly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts