backstory

Hi there! I just wanted to thank you for reading my post from Thursday and being so kind. I wrote that about a week ago, after I had overreacted about something and felt a ton of shame over it. Simultaneously I was reading Anne Lamott's Grace (Eventually) and her words buoyed me up at the right time. I needed to write out my thoughts regarding my own struggles, and I had wanted to write about Anne's words as well. Initially the essay was personal, just a plain old word document, but I heard a voice whispering to share it here, publicly. I was afraid to share such a personal struggle. But Anne shared hers with the world and helped me, so I wanted to be real here, too, and possibly help others feel less alone. Thank you so much to those of you who commented with stories and encouragement... you are all brave a wonderful women!!!

To lighten the mood a bit, let's talk about the Royal Wedding. HELLO! That was incredible! And I hadn't dressed up for awhile, so I dressed up along with Leah :). We felt beautiful! A good cure to feeling shame and self-loathing? dress up and wear something fabulous on your head. The British are smart like that! Cheers! Have a lovely weekend!

(Leah has the good stern face going on...)
Don't you love my pink jeep in the background?

Comments

  1. Um, hello! Aren't you both just the cutest patooties. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts