We Americans

It's proving harder and harder to write. I wish I had more time. 
This year has brought us some of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. For so many reasons. Finding joy in the smallest of things every day brings clarity and peace. I'm so thankful for where we have landed despite the hardship we have faced, both on a personal and national level. I can feel people beginning to see the truth. Is that hope we see on the horizon? 

I think the best way to change is to admit what we did wrong, repent, and ask for forgiveness. As a nation we need to continue to do the same. We can only be great when we deal with the truth of our history and move forward with real change and justice for all. I have faith that we can do it. In the end, we cannot worship a place. We must bring honor to so much more. 

The Avetts write words that I feel are also rattling around in my soul and they somehow extract them and made sense of them. This song to me is nothing less than genius. Listen, reflect, and pray. And if you have time, go watch Hamilton this weekend. Rise Up! 


Comments

Popular Posts